Wednesday 2 December 2009

Have I Hit a Wall???

I have to say that rehearsals have been tough over the last week or so. I feel like I've hit a wall and im trying to get over it, but a combination of tiredness, frustration, loss of choreographic insight and momentum and also the fact that I've realised just how much i need to do to get this off the ground hasn't helped!
It is very hard to motivate your dancer's when you have lost your own motivation. I know I just need to give myself a kick up the arse and get on with it which is what I will do, I am just feeling slightly overwhelmed by all of it at present.

I also think that I may need to be a bit more open and positive in the way I put things forward as I am very direct in the way I am and work. If i think something is great I will say so but If i think something is bad or needs work I will also say. This may sometimes come across as a negative thing but in my way of thinking Im just saying it, how I see it which doesn't always work well with other people.

I counted up rehearsal spaces yesterday and we only have 13 left until the performance. We have a lot of work to do, but I have very capable dancers so know we won't have a problem. Im also on the look out for a lighting designer and we trying to figure out the best way forward with costumes as we don't want to wear the bog standard contemporary ballet look of shorts and mesh top............it's becoming a bit of a cliche!

Im off to Wales this weekend as my husband is running in some barmy endurance run through bogs and sand and goodness knows what else. Im going to spend my time working through movements and trying things out and hopefully clearing my head and starting rehearsals afresh. Im sure anyone who creates art of some sort must go through these same feelings of "can I really do this or am i a bit deluded". I know im not deluded and i know im capable, I just need to stop whinging and get on with it!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment